The bookstore, owned and operated by the university, is open Monday through Thursday, 7:45 a.m.–7 p.m.; Friday, 7:45 a.m.–5 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m.–3 p.m.; and special hours as needed. Personal checks, MasterCard, Visa and Discover are accepted for the amount of purchase. Checks up to $50 may be cashed with a Samford ID. Checks should be made payable to Samford University. After three returned checks in any Samford office, all check-cashing privileges are revoked. The returned check fee is $28 per check and will be placed on the student’s account.
Book Return Policy
- All returns must be accompanied by the cash receipt or charge account slip.
- Books must be in absolutely new condition, free of all markings and in original packaging.
- Returns are allowed within a limited time frame after classes have begun:
- Jan Term: three days
- Fall and spring semesters (including undergraduate, law and pharmacy):10 days
- Metro College, graduate business and graduate nursing terms: 10 days
- Undergraduate Summer I and II terms: five days
- Refunds will be made in accordance with the manner of payment:
- If the purchaser paid by cash, the refund will be made in cash.
- If the purchaser paid by credit or debit card, the refund will be credited to the card used for the purchase.
- If the purchaser paid by check, the refund will be made in cash.
- If the purchaser paid by Samford Card, the refund will be made on the Samford Card.
- Law study aids (e.g., Gilberts, Case Notes, etc.) are returnable within two days of purchase.
- Defective books may be exchanged for the same title.
Samford ID Card
You may add money to your Samford ID card in the Bookstore or online at https://samford.managemyid.com.
Newspapers may be purchased in the Bookstore.
A fax machine is available for campus use in the Bookstore for a minimal fee. The fax number is 205-726-2384.
The Bookstore has provided a change machine beside the ATM in the food court.