Basic Tailgating policies:
- Tailgating groups are required to being their own equipment for their area, including tents, tables, chairs and grills, etc. Tent location is available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Groups are allowed to pull vehicles onto the quad for loading/unloading purposes, however vehicles MUST be moved immediately after loading/unloading is complete. Vehicles will NOT be allowed onto the quad 3 hours prior to kick off.
- If you need power for your tent, you will need to bring a generator or rent a power source from Samford. A limited number of electricity access points are available on a first come first serve basis.
- Grilling is permitted, however all grills must be placed away from tents and tree and cannot be used under a covered surface. All grills must be elevated, and must use self-lighting charcoal. Propane tanks are not allowed.
- Samford will not be held responsible for any stolen or misplaced items left on the quad.
- Tailgating at Samford is a family friendly environment. Please be respectful of those surrounding you, being mindful of your language and volume of music.
- Smoking and alcohol are not allowed. Failure to meet these expectations can lead to guests being removed from campus.
- All tailgating groups are responsible for making sure their assigned tailgating area is clean prior to departing the quad.
For more information on tailgating at Samford, contact the Director of Student Activities and Events office at 726-2031, located in 115 University Center.