January 4, 2010
The Academic Internship Program at the Brock School of Business celebrates its twentieth anniversary this spring. Begun by Carrie Anna Pearce in 1990, the program matches business students with internship opportunities in organizations across the globe. More than 85 percent of business students participate in an intensive emersion experience during their four years at Samford, and at least one-half of those students receive permanent job placement upon graduation as a result. Students are better able to discern their vocation because of this important experience. Internship directors at many organizations have complimented their Samford interns as being honest, hard-working, and competent.
The world is better because of Carrie Anna Pearce and the Academic Internship Program at the Brock School of Business.
The mission of Samford University is to nurture persons in their development of intellect, creativity, faith, and personhood. As a Christian university, the community fosters academic, career, and ethical competency while encouraging social and civic responsibility, and service to others.
Our Core Values
The Samford community values lifelong:
- belief in God, the Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord.
- engagement with the life and teachings of Jesus.
- learning and responsible freedom of inquiry.
- personal empowerment, accountability, and responsibility.
- vocational success and civic engagement.
- spiritual growth and cultivation of physical well-being.
- integrity, honesty, and justice.
- appreciation for diverse cultures and convictions.
- stewardship of all resources.
- service to God, to family, to one another, and to the community.
Anchored in Christian understanding, Samford University will be a diverse community, stressing vigorous learning and personal faith, in the Baptist tradition. Within that commonality, the Community will be innovative in teaching, learning and research; sensitive to global issues; aggressive in self-assessment and continuous improvement. Faithful to its mission, Samford will be known and acknowledged worldwide by holding to its core values. The world will be better for it.