July 19, 2010
Alyssa DiRusso, a member of our faculty in the Cumberland School of Law, wrote to me a few weeks ago with this story:
"I teach an upper level course on the law of estate and trust administration. Last week, we covered laws relating to prudent investment of fiduciary funds. Lisa Imbragulio, the Director of Investments for Samford, was an inspiring and informational guest speaker. She helped the students understand the connection between the (admittedly somewhat abstract) laws we covered in our materials and the realities of a challenging investment environment. It struck me as a good example of how someone from the administration became actively involved in furthering the academic experience of our students. I’m very grateful Lisa shared her insights and experience with our university’s budding lawyers."
The world is better because of Lisa Imbragulio's stewardship--inside and outside the classroom.
The mission of Samford University is to nurture persons in their development of intellect, creativity, faith, and personhood. As a Christian university, the community fosters academic, career, and ethical competency while encouraging social and civic responsibility, and service to others.
Our Core Values
The Samford community values lifelong:
- belief in God, the Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord.
- engagement with the life and teachings of Jesus.
- learning and responsible freedom of inquiry.
- personal empowerment, accountability, and responsibility.
- vocational success and civic engagement.
- spiritual growth and cultivation of physical well-being.
- integrity, honesty, and justice.
- appreciation for diverse cultures and convictions.
- stewardship of all resources.
- service to God, to family, to one another, and to the community.
Anchored in Christian understanding, Samford University will be a diverse community, stressing vigorous learning and personal faith, in the Baptist tradition. Within that commonality, the Community will be innovative in teaching, learning and research; sensitive to global issues; aggressive in self-assessment and continuous improvement. Faithful to its mission, Samford will be known and acknowledged worldwide by holding to its core values. The world will be better for it.