October 22, 2012
Breaking news from Dr. Charlie Sands, the dean of the McWhorter School of Pharmacy:
“At the American College of Clinical Pharmacy Annual Meeting in Hollywood, Florida, our senior student team, comprised of Catherine Needham, Amy McCaffrey, and Mark Rosenberg, placed third out of 90 school of pharmacy teams in the competition entitled ‘Clinical Pharmacy Challenge.’ The teams competed in a ‘quiz bowl’ format, answering patient case/drug-related problem questions.”
The world is better because our students are prepared for competence in their disciplines.
The mission of Samford University is to nurture persons in their development of intellect, creativity, faith, and personhood. As a Christian university, the community fosters academic, career, and ethical competency while encouraging social and civic responsibility, and service to others.
Our Core Values
The Samford community values lifelong:
- belief in God, the Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord.
- engagement with the life and teachings of Jesus.
- learning and responsible freedom of inquiry.
- personal empowerment, accountability, and responsibility.
- vocational success and civic engagement.
- spiritual growth and cultivation of physical well-being.
- integrity, honesty, and justice.
- appreciation for diverse cultures and convictions.
- stewardship of all resources.
- service to God, to family, to one another, and to the community.
Anchored in Christian understanding, Samford University will be a diverse community, stressing vigorous learning and personal faith, in the Baptist tradition. Within that commonality, the Community will be innovative in teaching, learning and research; sensitive to global issues; aggressive in self-assessment and continuous improvement. Faithful to its mission, Samford will be known and acknowledged worldwide by holding to its core values. The world will be better for it.