Parents Leadership Council
The Samford Parents Leadership Council (PLC) is a group organized to serve as a voice and an ear for all Samford parents. The PLC is a volunteer group of parents who meet twice a year, during FamilyWeekend and Step Sing, to help strengthen ties between the university and parents of current students. If you are interested in learning more about opportunities to serve on the PLC, check out the responsibilities listed below.
- Support Samford financially: All PLC members are asked to make an annual gift to Samford to maintain membership.
- Network: Assist in building and strengthening relationships with parents of current students, parents of prospective students, and alumni. Assist with internships and career opportunities.
- Volunteer: Partner with the Office of Parents Programs to organize at least one event per year in a region
- Pray: Regularly pray for Samford students, faculty, staff and trustees.
- Recruit: Help identify students who will choose Samford. Referrals are always appreciated!
We are fortunate to have leadership from these great Samford families for 2013-2014:
- PLC Co-Chairs: Vance and Mindy McLarren, Indiana
- Bill and Sheila Akin, Tennessee
- Scott and Donna Bashrum, Texas
- Verne and Andrea Bragg, Florida
- Allen and Kimberlie Carrick, North Carolina
- Pete and Julie Clemens, Tennessee
- Mark and Rebekah Cottingham, Georgia
- Deon Downey, Florida
- Sean and Susan Doyle, Alabama
- Jim and Sherri Foyt, Alabama
- Daniel and Joyce Hall, Mississippi
- Jeff and Lauren Hayes, Alabama
- Erik and Renee Holdo, Georgia
- Jeff and Lisa Hubbard, Mississippi
- David and Joan Kanne, Texas
- Paul and Lisa McCrary, Alabama
- Rex and Ellen McDowell, Texas
- Mark and Susan Merrill, Florida
- Greg and Nancy Mula, Louisiana
- Stephen and Ashley Payne, Mississippi
- Peter and Kim Powell, Nashville
- Dean and Gina Saunders, Florida
- Mike and Susan Speakman, Alabama
- Charlie and Holly Taylor, Florida
- David and Belinda Thomas, Alabama
- Jim and Trez Zotkiewcz, Louisiana