Post-MSN Certificates Program
The purpose of the post-master's certificate program is to provide nurses who already hold a master's degree in nursing an educational route to specialization in an area other than that obtained in their master's program. The program is designed to strengthen or broaden the education, clinical, and management master's prepared nurses who are planning a role expansion or role change. You can also combine the post-master's certificate with the DNP program with an individualized plan of study.
The Post-MSN certificates available are Nurse Educator, Family Nurse Practitioner, and Nurse Manager. Students who complete the post-MSN nurse educator certificate will have fulfilled the required competencies to successfully pass the NLN Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) exam. Students completing the post-MSN Family Nurse Practitioner certificate will have fulfilled the educational requirements to take the Family Nurse Practitioner Certification examinations.
Post MSN Certificate students:
- Earn a certificate on-line in 5 semesters
- Participate in cutting-edge, web-based learning with highly qualified faculty
- Access all coursework and resources anywhere, anytime from any internet-connected electronic device
- Receive close personal attention from caring and supportive Samford faculty and advisors
- Experience a rich tradition of high academic standards and quality education practices
- Visit Samford's beautiful campus in Birmingham, Alabama for a required on-campus orientation
- Have opportunities to build on current skills and knowledge in order to explore new professional directions