Master of Science in Nursing Frequently Asked Questions

My grades from my first university are on the final transcript of my second university transcript. Do I still need the official transcript from the first university I attended?
 All transcripts from every undergraduate institution you attended are required for your application packet.
Is it a requirement to attend the on-campus orientation?
 Yes, all MSN students must attend the on-campus orientation scheduled during the first week of each semester.
Do I need years of clinical experience before I can apply?
 No, except for our nurse anesthesia concentration that requires at least one year of critical care experience, you may start graduate level classes right after you earn your BSN degree.
Are all courses online?
 All courses in the FNP, Educator, and Management tracks are distance-based; coursework is offered online with a limited on-campus component.
Can I still work while in the program?
 Many of our students are able to continue to work during most courses in the graduate program.  However, the clinical hours required for practicum courses does make it difficult to work during the weekdays. 
I am an international student, but I’ve lived in the U.S. for many years and have taken English courses. Do I still have to take an English proficiency test?
 Yes, you are required to take the test if you do not have a U.S. high school diploma or a U.S. college degree.
Is the GRE or MAT required?
 The GRE or MAT is required for all applicants who have a cumulative undergraduate GPA below 3.2.   If you have an undergraduate GPA of 3.2 or higher, the GRE and MAT are waived for you.  If you have a master’s degree, the GRE will also be waived for you.  Applicants for the post-master’s study are not required to submit GRE or MAT test scores.

Latest Tweets

Upcoming Events