Samford to Graduate 822 During May Commencements
Samford University will graduate about 822 students during commencement programs in May. This year's schedule will be similar to last year's program, with five schools holding individual ceremonies and three others graduating as a group. Following is the schedule of events with speakers.
Wednesday, May 6
* 11 a.m., Beeson School of Divinity, Hodges Chapel, Bishop James L. Davis, presiding prelate, Ninth Episcopal District (Alabama), African Methodist Episcopal Church
Friday, May 15
10 a.m., McWhorter School of Pharmacy, Wright Center, R. Clayton McWhorter, chairman, Clayton Associates, Franklin, Tenn.
* 1 p.m., Brock School of Business, Wright Center, Neal Wade, director, Alabama Development Office, Montgomery, Ala.
* 3:30 p.m., Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing, Wright Center, Dr. Fay Raines, president, American Association of Colleges of Nursing, Huntsville, Ala.
* 4:30-5:30 p.m., President's Reception, Ben Brown Plaza
* 6:30 p.m., Baccalaureate ceremony, Wright Center
Saturday, May 16
* 10 a.m., School of the Arts, Orlean Bullard Beeson School of Education and Professional Studies, and Howard College of Arts and Sciences, Pete Hanna Center, Dr. Andrew Westmoreland, Samford president, presiding.
* 3 p.m. Cumberland School of Law, Wright Center, Judge Susan Webber Wright, U.S. District Judge, Little Rock, Ark.