The Frances Marlin Mann Center for Ethics and Leadership supports teaching, research and service across the Samford University campus. Our mission is to:
• Promote the moral development of Samford students and equip them for ethical leadership in vocational, community and family life.
• Serve as a center of teaching excellence, empowering faculty with the methods and resources to integrate ethics effectively into the curriculum.
• Foster a university culture that values productive, moral discourse around challenges facing individuals, the professions and society.
• Amplify other Samford initiatives in ethics and leadership, encouraging interdisciplinary scholarship across the university.
• Engage the professional and business communities for mutual learning and the advancement of ethical values and practices.
Through our work, we support and affirm Samford University’s mission “...to nurture persons in their development of intellect, creativity, faith and personhood…” and to “...foster academic, career and ethical competency while encouraging social and civic responsibility, and service to others.”
Our work also enriches undergraduate education by supporting Samford’s baccalaureate goals, including critical reflection, ethical reasoning, and community engagement. Additionally, the Mann Center plays a key role in furthering Samford’s Quality Enhancement Plan, which calls for Cultivation of Virtues as well as Cultivation of the Mind, and the individual missions of the eight Samford schools.