The Test Proctoring Center is provided as a service to assist faculty in their efforts to provide testing accommodations for students with disabilities. While it is preferable for students to take tests within close proximity to professors, Disability Resources is available to assist when this is not possible. The Center proctors tests ONLY for students registered with Disability Resources.
Location: Ralph W. Beeson University Center, Room #205
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00AM-12:00PM (exams must be finished by 12:00PM)
1:00PM-4:00PM (exams must be finished by 4:00PM)
- No later than 1 Week prior to the date of the test student must return the completed proctoring form to Disability Resources and schedule the test time. Exceptions are possible for tests/quizzes announced with less than 1 weeks' notice. (Testing space is assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis)
- Fill out the student information section on the proctoring form and sign. Present the form to faculty member before the exam and discuss specific test proctoring needs and plans.
- Student must present the faculty member with an accommodation letter for the current semester.
- Must show student I.D. at the testing site prior to taking exam.
- Must abide by the Samford University Academic Integrity Statement.
- Only approved instruments/materials allowed in the testing area. No coats,backpacks, purses, cell phones, or other electronic devices are allowed in the testing room.
- Must be on time for the test. (Exam will not be administered if arrival time is 15 minutes after the instructor's stated start time.)
- Discuss with the student specific test proctoring/accommodation needs and plans
- Complete Test Proctoring Form, including specific guidelines and test routing procedures
- Hand deliver/fax/email (email@example.com) the test to Disability Resources no later than 12p.m. the business day before the test.
- Failure to abide by the Policies and Procedures set for by the Test Proctoring Center indicates that you will be responsible for providing testing accommodations for the student.