Samford University is a diverse community, stressing vigorous learning and personal faith, anchored in Christian understanding and the Baptist tradition. Samford is committed to nurturing persons in their development of intellect, creativity and faith. Samford’s university community is innovative in teaching, learning and research; sensitive to global issues; and committed to aggressive self-assessment and continuous improvement.
If there is one word that identifies Samford University’s position and its message, it is this: nurturing. All the variations of nurturing provide dynamic ways for us to address our audience’s concerns and to demonstrate reasons for our audience to connect with Samford’s mission.
- Nurturing persons for God
- Nurturing academic inquiry
- Nurturing significant lifelong relationships
- Nurturing professionalism and citizenship
- Nurturing career and ethical competency
- Nurturing social and civic responsibility and service