UPDATE ON SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS: The faculty currently are reviewing the auditions/interviews and portfolios completed for fall 2013 enrollment, and we hope to communicate news by mid-March regarding merit-based scholarships for students pursuing majors in the School of the Arts who have already been admitted to Samford by the Office of Admission. While our official on-campus audition and interview weekends have wrapped up for the year, students may still audition/interview for acceptance to the majors in music and theatre. (Art and design students do not need to submit a portfolio for acceptance to their majors.) Please contact Arts Recruiter Lauren McKenzie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you still need to schedule an audition for admission to the majors in music and theatre.
Please know that we are always delighted to assist you in scheduling an introductory or return visit to the School of the Arts. Our faculty, staff, and students are eager to meet with prospective students and to welcome them or art gallery exhibits, concerts, and shows. Please contact Lauren McKenzie at email@example.com if we can assist you with these arrangements.
Students majoring in music and theatre are required to audition for admission to the School of the Arts. On-campus auditions are strongly encouraged; our tentative dates for audition and interview weekend dates for students seeking fall 2014 enrollment are November 8-9, February 7-8, and February 28-March 1. These dates will be confirmed in early August, when the application forms are also updated on this website. Students with exceptional circumstances may request to submit a DVD audition or schedule an individual audition; please contact Arts Recruiter Lauren McKenzie at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss these options.
Students majoring in fine art, graphic design, or interior design have the option to submit an electronic portfolio for School of the Arts scholarship consideration. A portfolio is not required for entering freshmen to declare a major in these programs. High school juniors, seniors, and transfer students are encouraged but not required to attend Art and Design Day on Saturday, November 9, 2013, to take two workshops taught by the faculty. Online registration will be available in August, and students may contact Arts Recruiter Lauren McKenzie at email@example.com with any questions.
The forms below are for students seeking fall 2013 enrollment. Forms for students seeking fall 2014 enrollment will be updated in early August.
- School of the Arts Application Timeline for 2012-2013, with sample schedule and a few frequently asked questions (Updated August 20, 2012)
- School of the Arts Portfolio and Audition/Interview Guidelines for 2012-2013 (Updated August 20, 2012)
- Art and Design Application for 2012-2013 (Updated August 20, 2012)
- Art and Design Day Registration for November 10, 2012 (Updated October 3, 2012)
- Music and Theatre Application for 2012-2013 (Updated August 20, 2012)
- Current Institution Acknowledgement Form for 2012-2013, for transfer applicants in music (Updated August 20, 2012)
- Additional Information for Theory and Piano Placements (Updated August 20, 2012)
All forms require Adobe Reader. Click here for the free download from the Adobe web site.
Instructions for using the above forms:
- Download Adobe Reader version 9.0 or later.
- Click the links above to download the relevant forms.
- Complete the forms and save a copy for your own records.
- Choose one of the following methods to submit the forms:
- E-mail the forms as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Print the forms and fax them to (205) 726-2165.
- Print the forms and mail them to the Arts Recruiter Office, School of the Arts, Samford University, 800 Lakeshore Drive, Birmingham, AL, 35229 USA.
- Submit any additional materials (photograph, resumes, etc.)
An e-mail from email@example.com will be sent to confirm the receipt of your application forms and your attendance at one of the School of the Arts audition and interview weekends. If you experience difficulties with the forms, please contact Arts Recruiter Lauren McKenzie at (205) 726-4524 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a paper copy of the School of the Arts application materials.
Additional details will be available here the week of each audition and interview weekend. Students will receive fully detailed schedules with their audition/interview times when they arrive on campus.
Forms for Graduate Applicants
Graduate Program Manual (includes audition guidelines, admission procedures, and oral comprehensive examination; revised October 2012)
Graduate Music Application Packet (includes all forms with linked fields for easy completion; revised September 2012)
Master of Music Education FYNT Program Requirements
Individual PDFs for the application forms:
Graduate Music Application (revised September 2012)
Graduate Music Audition Information Sheet (revised September 2012)
Graduate Music Teacher Recommendation Form (revised September 2012)
Graduate Music Assistantship Application (optional; revised September 2012)
Study Guide for Entrance Exams